Tie Dye: Dye It, Wear It, Share It
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Tie Dye: Dye It, Wear It, Share It
By Shabd Simon-Alexander
Gifted by Potter Craft
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Tie dye is all grown up! With the lovely patterns you'll find in Tie Dye: Dye It, Wear It, Share It, you'll learn how to turn this fun camp craft technique into a sophisticated and artistic look to wear and share. Whether it's the dip-dye, shibori, ombre, or the traditional circle pattern, this new fresh and fashionable take on tie dye is sure to have you run way ready in no time.
Packed with design secrets, color guidance, and expert tips and advice on how to make each design your own and unique to you, Tie Dye: Dye It, Wear It, Share It brings you 22 step-by-step projects for everything from garments to home decor. With helpful sections on the history of tie dye, different types of dye, tie dyeing techniques from around the world, common materials and even the science behind the art, Tie Dye: Dye It, Wear It, Share It is really an all-enclusive look into the art of tie dye...and how it's being used by kids and adults alike to create fun and fashionable attire that's fun to wear.
There's also a very helpful section on color mixing, and author Shabd Simon-Alexander tells you exactly what colors to use to get the look you want. From an awesome color chart to helpful color wheels, the tips and suggestions in this book are great for those who have never tie dyed before...and even those who love to tie dye are sure to learn something new from Shabd Simon-Alexander's wisdom and know how about fashionable tie dye.
Broken down by type of tie dye technique, the projects in Tie Dye: Dye It, Wear It, Share It come with a full color photo of the completed project, as well as level of difficulty, tools and materials, a list of main dye colors and accent colors, detailed instructions and even colorful illustrations showing you how to prepare your piece and block your colors for the ultimate tie dye experience. The Crystalline Scarf, for example, has the look of marbling that's easily doable for beginners. You don't even have to use rubber bands! Just scrunch the scarf and get to tie dyeing. The look of this scarf comes from having some of the scarf more emmersed in the dye while other parts peak out above the puddles to create a somewhat ombre look to each color segment.
For those who are looking for a grown up version of the beloved childhood hobby, Tie Dye: Dye It, Wear It, Share It is a great place to get started. Filled with wonderful instructions for dyeing leggings, shirts, scarves, tablecloths, totebags, and more, the patterns in this book will help you add lots of color and style to your life...from what you wear to how you decorate your home.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Complete Guide to Bible Journaling
- Zentangle Basics Book Review
- 10 Minute Blocks 2
- Look, Learn, & Create: Crochet
- Hello! Macrame
- Inspired by Zentangle Fabric Arts Quilting Embroidery
- All-Occasion Paper Crafting
- Spellbinders Quick and Easy Crafts for Entertaining
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Beading In No Time
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best Yarn for Blankets
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow