The Daily Book of Art
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The Daily Book of Art
By Colin Gilbert, Dylan Gilbert, Elizabeth T. Gilbert, Gabriel Guzman, Rebecca J. Razo, Sharon Robinson, Amy Runyen, and David J. Schmidt
Gifted by Walter Foster
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
One of my absolute favorite things to do when I got home from school was to watch Bob Ross paint. I loved how effortless it looked, how easy he was able to create “happy little trees” with a quick and simple brush stroke.
However easy it may have seemed, I just could not get the hang of painting. I took art classes in school, but for whatever reason, it just wasn’t for me. In an act of frustration, I left my painting aspirations behind and moved on to other things.
But when I dove into The Daily Book of Art, I couldn’t wait to get back behind a canvas. This collection of 365 readings will not only teach you helpful hints, tips, and little known facts about art, famous artists, and famous paintings, but it will inspire you, entertain you. This book is the cure to creative block…and with 365 captivating readings, you can literally learn something new every day!
I just so happened to open the book to day 190, which ironically was a lesson in how to draw my favorite animal, the giraffe. Artist Eileen Sorg teaches you how to create a black and white outline, shade in with a base color, and add shadows and depth to make your picture come alive.
The Daily Book of Art is a great book to have on your nightstand. Read one lesson every day and you’ll soon find yourself more willing, more able, more inspired to create.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Card Making with Cricut
- Bouffants and Broken Hearts Adult Coloring Book Review
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Leather Jewelry
- Granny Square Flowers
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Very Merry Coloring and Color Your Own Christmas Ornaments Books Review
- My First Craft Book
- Crafting with Kids
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Millionaire's Afghan
- Hand Crochet Chunky Blanket
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Easter Crafts
- Duo of Bears Unisex Baby T-Shirt
- Cross My Heart Treat Bag
- How to Sew a Zipper into a Lined Skirt
- Tiny Valentine Gift Boxes
- Pretty Hearts Hot Pad
- DIY Mini Pallet Photo Magnets