We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
by Jennifer & Kitty O'Neil
Gifted by All American Crafts, Inc.
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
The unlikely marriage of gears and glitz has given rise to the fun art of steampunk…a crafting trend that combines vintage flair and recycled gears and gadgets. In their beautiful and informative book, Steampunk Chic, sisters Jennifer & Kitty O’Neil give readers a great introduction into steampunking…including an awesome list of go-to supplies, various projects for steampunkers of all skill levels, and several helpful hints on how to create your own unique embellishments. This colorful fun book is a must have for fans of jewelry making, vintage crafts, and those who are always looking for new thrifty ideas!
I have to say that I was unfamiliar with steampunking before reading Steampunk Chic, but now I can’t wait to create my own unique projects! Using materials like broken jewelry, watch faces, old books, stamps, and vintage photographs, I can make art that’s both original and eye catching.
Steampunk Chic is filled with 12 thrifty and fun projects, all of which you can do with a quick trip to the flea market and some glue and pliers. Each project in this book comes with a full list of items you’ll need, broken down by basic materials, flea market finds, and tools you’ll need to get the job done. The step by step instructions are accompanied with photos, making these projects easy and fun to make. Of course you’re more than welcome to embellish however you’d like…that is, after all, the fun of steampunk!
For me, Steampunk Chic is more of an inspiration than a crafting how-to. The O’Neil sisters break down your basic supplies, telling you what you’ll need and where you can find them. They show you how to mix and match objects so you can create fun designs of your own…and they even provide a list of stores to find vintage crafting supplies. For us thrifty crafters, this book is a must have!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Card Making with Cricut
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Where Women Create: Quilters
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Simply Paper Cutting
- Let's Have a Party
- Leather Jewelry
- Rag Rug Handbook
- Zentangle Basics Book Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Crafts for Charity: 10 Ways to Give Back
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- Easy Origami Hearts
- DIY Beet Dye for Fabric
- Butterfly Lace Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Intricate Snowflake Adult Coloring Page
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home