We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Choly Knight
Gifted by Fox Chapel Publishing
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
The Kawaii craze is one crafters know well, though maybe not by name. In Japanese, Kawaii means cute, adorable, or loveable. Look up “kawaii crafts” on Google and you’re sure to find sweet stuffed animals, little cupcakes with faces, and fun wearable accessories that mirror popular cartoon characters well known in Japan.
For those who want to get started learning kawaii crafting, there’s Sew Kawaii!, a great book filled with 22 simple sewing projects for kids of all ages!
This colorful and easy to read book is for the young kid in all of us. These 22 cute and adorable crafts can be worn, cuddled, or even displayed as home décor. My personal favorite has to be the Jellyfish Purse. This fun accessory is so unique and fun to show off! I can’t wait to make one!
Even if you have little to no sewing experience, there are still lots of crafts in Sew Kawaii that you can make with ease. Each project has several step-by-step photos that make following the instructions so easy. With a cute code of smiley faces, hearts, clovers, and stars, author Choly Knight depicts the very easy patterns from the intermediate ones, making creating Kawaii easy and fun.
From simple keychains to the cutest darn sushi quilt you’ve ever seen, Sew Kawaii is a great book for the Peter Pan in all of us, for that one part of you that still enjoys cute cuddly stuffed animals or that takes pleasure out of wearing a dress that slightly resembles a squid!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Cold Weather Crochet
- Zentangle 7 and 8
- Enchanted Forest Creatures, Nature's Gifts for Baby and Woodland Wildlife Book Reviews
- The Knitter's Companion
- Patterns in Polymer: Imprint & Accent Bead Techniques
- Joy of Zentangle
- Mod Podge Rocks!
- Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects
- Adult Coloring Books
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quicksilver Shawlette
- Make DIY blank books from leftover notebook paper
- Refashion shorts into a skirt
- Repurposed Shutters Sign for Halloween
- Halloween Pencil Box
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Tea Time
- Diamonds and Ice Mandala Coloring Page
- Emperor's Festival Adult Coloring Page
- Pure Royalty Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home