Quick and Easy Paint Transformations
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Quick and Easy Paint Transformations: 50 Step by Step Ways to Makeover Your Home for Next to Nothing
By Annie Sloan, Photography by Christopher Drake
Gifted by CICO Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
For the crafty DIY’ers of the world, there’s no better feeling than to find an awesome thrift store find and make it your own. Painting and redecorating old dressers, tables, chairs, and shelving units is a hobby millions of men and women share…and with the help of Annie Sloan, paint transformations just got easier…and cheaper.
Quick and Easy Paint Transformations is a great book for bargain hunters and DIY enthusiasts. Filled with tons of projects covering everything from aging and distressing to crackle painting and decoupage, Quick and Easy Paint Transformations takes the daunting fear out of revamping old furniture and provides step by step instructions to achieve several different painting techniques.
I particularly found the chapter on hand painting very useful. Annie Sloan has lots of great ideas on how to add a unique hand painted touch to your furniture. For example, her cow parsley chest project uses a match to create a unique and beautiful cow parsley design on the front of a set of drawers.
That’s one thing I really liked about Paint Transformations. Even the most complicated of projects had a materials list that I could easily assemble with stuff I had in my house already. With some left over paint, a few brushes, and an old dresser drawer that’s seen better days, you can create something truly beautiful and inspiring with the skills and techniques you’ll learn in Quick and Easy Paint Transformations.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Card Making with Cricut
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Where Women Create: Quilters
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Simply Paper Cutting
- Let's Have a Party
- Leather Jewelry
- Rag Rug Handbook
- Zentangle Basics Book Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- Easy Origami Hearts
- DIY Beet Dye for Fabric
- Butterfly Lace Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Intricate Snowflake Adult Coloring Page
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- Hanukkah Gift Envelopes
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Angled Mesh Crochet Scarf
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home