One Painting a Day
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
One Painting a Day: A 6-Week course in Observational Painting - Creating the Extraordinary Paintings from Everyday Experiences
By Timohty Callaghan
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Liz Abderholden, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
If you've ever had the desire to learn how to paint, then this book is for you. One Painting a Day will guide you through a six-week course in observational painting. Breaking down the lessons into three parts, it focuses on three major traditions of observational painting: still life, landscape, and portraiture. Your goal is to create one painting a day following the exercises given. By the end you'll have learned how to take your everyday experiences and observations and turn them into fantastic pieces of artwork.
Like any other craft, practice makes perfect. Let One Painting a Day become your motivational guide to becoming a painter. You don't need any previous painting knowledge to use this book. With accessible language and organized lesson plans even the most inexperienced painter can maneuver through the instructions.
Each lesson is centered around a specific technique and skill. You'll have a description of the lesson is, a prompt for your painting, and beautiful examples of contemporary paintings that show off the technique you'll be using. It begins with basic skills like line, value, and color, all tools you'll use in later paintings. As the lessons progress, you'll move from the easier subjects like inanimate objects to the harder ones like people. With useful tips, this book spells out every detail you'll need in order to become a painting master.
By the end you'll have created 45 paintings you can hang around your house or share with your friends and family. One Painting a Day is perfect for people who want to learn to paint, or already established painters looking to for some inspiration. With this book, you can go back to school and learn a whole new craft all from the comfort of your home. Take your ordinary experiences and make them extraordinary. Pick up this book and release your inner Picasso.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Adult Coloring Books
- 20 Ways to Draw a Tree
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Bouffants and Broken Hearts Adult Coloring Book Review
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Patterns in Polymer: Imprint & Accent Bead Techniques
- Decorate with Ribbon
- Card Making with Cricut
- Find It, Make It: Outdoor Green Crafts for Children
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lettering and Doodling on a Pumpkin
- Floral Painted Pumpkin
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- DIY Polymer Clay Tea Light Candle Holder
- FREE Sewing Pattern: Halloween Witch Hat
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Crafts for Charity: 10 Ways to Give Back
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home