We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Nathalie Mornu
Gifted by Lark Books
Reviewed by Maria Nerius
This book arrived with several pieces of leather, which I thought was just brilliant. I had no excuses not to try to make some of the jewelry pieces that were included in the book. There are 30 contemporary jewelry projects to select from and I really had a hard time just picking a few of them to try. Projects include necklaces, earrings, rings, bracelets, cuffs, and hair accessories. I enjoyed reading the section called, “The Skinny on Skins” and Exotic skins. I learned a lot of very useful information about leather.
The book includes leather techniques including removing creases, cutting, sewing, punching, setting leather eyelets, setting grommets, setting snaps, and dying. The book also includes non-leather techniques in the form of explaining the basics of jewelry making, the tools, and the materials. My favorite photo was the rings created by Mari Isopahkala that were reindeer fur and silver. Very striking. My favorite project was the knotted earrings, great technique and the finished results were eye catching. Leather Jewelry is for the beginner and also anyone who loves to make jewelry with leather in mind.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Complete Guide to Bible Journaling
- Cold Weather Crochet
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Knits for Nerds
- Sew Kawaii!
- The Perfect Finish Book
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Cute as a Button Quilts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- Hanukkah Gift Envelopes
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Angled Mesh Crochet Scarf
- Candy Corn Crochet Door Basket
- Giant Crochet Cable Pillow
- Crochet Spiderwebs Table Runner
- Crochet Candy Corn Earrings
- Crochet Business Card Holders
- Crochet Halloween Wreath
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home