Knot Thread Stitch
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knot Thread Stitch
By Lisa Solomon
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
When you decide to conquer something as ancient as embroidery, you have to think of ways to make it new and exciting. For author Lisa Solomon, exploring creativity through embroidery and mixed media is as simple as pulling thread through fabric.
Knot, Thread, Stitch presents a modern approach to one of the oldest crafting forms in the world. Using thread, you can create fun and unique projects, textures, and color tricks that are surprising and artistic. Filled with fun and quirky ideas, like a “Fireworks Skirt” and “Embroidered Pet Portraits”, Knot, Thread, Stitch is a great book for any needle crafter.
I loved the “Multi-Eyed Monster Tote Bag”. This clever craft is made by transferring a child’s monster drawing onto a tote bag and then embroidering over it. It’s a great way to remember all those fun art projects you or your child did, and it sure beats having them sit on the fridge! Now everyone can see and admire your handiwork!
Knot, Thread, Stitch provides a fresh look at an ancient craft. These projects are creative, innovative, and will forever change how you look at a needle and thread.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
The Big-Ass Book of Crafts 2
Artful Collage from Found Objects
Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects
Let's Have a Party
Beautiful Hand Stitched Jewelry
Card Making with Cricut
The Art of Drawing Animals
Create with Transfer Artist Paper
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home