Joy of Zentangle
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Joy of Zentangle
By Suzanne McNeill, Sandy Steen Bartholomew, and Marie Browning
Gifted by Design Originals
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
This book may change your life.
Zentangle is the newest craze to hit the crafting world. This easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun illustration technique is a great way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. It’s easy to learn and, after doing a few Zentangle pieces, you’ll begin to notice the world around you in a different way—it will seem brighter, more colorful, more in focus. You’ll also master illustration techniques that you never thought possible.
Traditional Zentangle designs are done in black ink on a white square tile of paper. A simple pattern can be broken down into several small sections and each section contains a different doodle or illustration. There is no right or wrong when creating a Zentangle design, just relax and let yourself go!
There are also several ways to use Zentangle, as outlined in Joy of Zentangle. You could use it to decorate your home, create beautiful backgrounds for scrapbooks and cards, or simply decorate a margin of a business memo as you sit in your morning meeting.
Joy of Zentangle makes jumping into this addicting illustration technique easy and fun. With step-by-step full color photographs and detailed written instructions, this is a great guide for those who are new to or curious to learn more about this addicting hobby.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Matboard Magic and Foamboard Magic
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Candy Cane Climbers
- Baby's First Birthday
- Patterns in Polymer: Imprint & Accent Bead Techniques
- 20 Ways to Draw a Tree
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Big Book of $5.00 Crafts
- The Art of Drawing Animals
- Beading In No Time
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lettering and Doodling on a Pumpkin
- Floral Painted Pumpkin
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- DIY Polymer Clay Tea Light Candle Holder
- FREE Sewing Pattern: Halloween Witch Hat
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Crafts for Charity: 10 Ways to Give Back
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home