How to Hang a Picture
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
How to Hang a Picture and Other Essential Lessons for the Stylish Home
By Jay Sacher and Suzanne LaGasa
Gifted by St. Martin's Griffin
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
I'd say that about half of the pins on my Home Decor Pinterest board have to do with how to hang photos and arrange wall art. While I like to think I have some sense of style, I do find it hard to mix and match colors and sizes, and I'm not quite sure how to tell what art would look best on what wall. Well, that WAS my problem. Now I'm much more confident and my home looks SO much better after I read and indulged in How to Hang a Picture.
Like brewing a perfect cup of coffee, the art of hanging art on your wall is a hallmark of everyday style. Most of us simply wing it or use little hints and tricks for eyeballing how we hang wall art, thinking, how hard can it be? As we all know, the answer is that it can be quite hard!
Thankfully, How to Hang a Picture and Other Essential Lessons for the Stylish Home has awesome suggestions for not only hanging wall art, but arranging it on your wall as well. Simple rules and essential information presented with charm and intelligence is what this book is all about. It's a user-friendly guide that details everything you need to know about hanging, framing, and displaying art and photos.
Not only is this book helpful for the artistically-challenged, but it's just beautiful to read. Lovely illustrations scatter the pages and add helpful suggestions for arranging your art and your furniture in any room in your home. There are also helpful suggestions for hanging art on difficult surfaces like brick, concrete, and cinder block.
Complete with awesome DIY ideas, helpful tools of the trade, and other awesome ideas for decorating your home, How to Hang a Picture and Other Essential Lessons for the Stylish Home is a great book to have on hand for homeowners and renters. Lovely to look at and a joy to read, this book will help you become the artistic decorator you've always dreamed of becoming!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Cold Weather Crochet
- Zentangle 7 and 8
- Enchanted Forest Creatures, Nature's Gifts for Baby and Woodland Wildlife Book Reviews
- The Knitter's Companion
- Patterns in Polymer: Imprint & Accent Bead Techniques
- Joy of Zentangle
- Mod Podge Rocks!
- Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects
- Adult Coloring Books
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quicksilver Shawlette
- Make DIY blank books from leftover notebook paper
- Refashion shorts into a skirt
- Repurposed Shutters Sign for Halloween
- Halloween Pencil Box
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Tea Time
- Diamonds and Ice Mandala Coloring Page
- Emperor's Festival Adult Coloring Page
- Pure Royalty Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home