We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Handmade Hostess: 12 Imaginative Party Ideas for Unforgettable Entertaining
By Kelly Lee-Creel and Rebecca Soder
Gifted by Stash Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
Having people over for a party or celebration is a wonderful thrill for the creative at heart. Setting the table, making and hanging decorations, and preparing a delicious meal are all great ways to express your creativity and let your imagination run wild. And with the help of Handmade Hostess, you'll find it easy and fun to plan everything from a simple garden party to a full blown bridal shower.
Organized by season and filled with more than 30 projects and recipes, Handmade Hostess is a beautiful book packed with great suggestions on how to transform your party into a DIY extravaganza. Each season contains three to four party themes, and each theme comes with a variety of crafts and a dessert to match the theme. While there are popular themes included in this book, like "Christmas Wonderland" and "Fourth of July Picnic", there are also some clever party suggestions that are perfect for those slumps between major holidays. The "Mad Scientist Party" would be great for birthday parties, the "Japanese Garden Party" could be used for a bridal shower or just a nice tea and brunch day with your girlfriends, and the "Mad Hatter's Tea Party" is a clever theme that can be used for everything from birthdays to Halloween.
With summer upon us, I found myself drawn to the "Luau Party" collection. With great suggestions on how to make colorful tablecloths, napkin rings, and even how to make table candles from coconut shells, this party theme is great for a beach side gathering with your friends and family. Author Rebecca Soder also includes her recipe for Coconut Cake, which looks absolutely stunning!
Each party theme has an assortment of beautiful full color photographs of all the projects and recipes, as well as suggestions on how to set the table, helpful hints and tips to help you with sewing projects, and full materials and supplies lists that make shopping easy and stress-free.
So if you're a hostess with the mostess that loves party planning and DIY decorating, you're going to love Handmade Hostess. Filled with easy craft projects and delicious desserts that you can make any time of year, the crafts and recipes in this book are perfect for everyone, no matter what your DIY skill level. So grab a glue gun and some colorful paper and get ready to host the party of the year!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- 99 Cross Stitch Luvable Pets
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Card Making with Cricut
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
- Dr. Knit's Curious Creatures Book Review
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Beading In No Time
- Creative Faces Adult Coloring Book Review
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Taco Lover Gift Idea
- Hot Dog Lover Gift Basket Idea
- Homemade Carpet Cleaner
- Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Easy Kids' Knit Poncho
- Red Crochet Afghan
- 40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
- Heidi Gustad
- 16 Free Knitted Slipper Patterns + Knit Slippers for Christmas
- Crochet Ripple Afghan Troubleshooting Guide