We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
by Kristen TenDyke
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Jaclyn Holtzman
Love clicking your knitting needles together, but hate the sight of a sewing needle and thread? Many knitters, like Kristen TenDyke, shy away from finishing an entire project because of the dreaded piecing together that is inevitable. TenDyke has made the inevitable unnecessary. Thanks to her fear of sewing, you can now knit an entire sweater, dress, cardigan, and more without the mention of thread. Finish-Free Knits is a brilliant guide to no-hassle knits with darling patterns and beautiful results.
I love that the patterns in Finish-Free Knits are timeless and ageless. There are knits in this handbook that would look just as great on a teen as it would on a lady rounding 80. Of course there are also the pieces that are age-specific, but luckily, there are patterns like that for every age. Finish-Free Knits leaves no knitter out.
TenDyke addresses all levels as there are garments that are perfect for beginners and pieces that will challenge even the master knitters. Learn new techniques with Finish-Free Knits as you focus on the art of knitting rather than the fear of sewing. The more advanced patterns work towards shaping sleeve caps and pockets to develop unique, first-rate garments.
The instructions in this lovely book are thorough, and there are at least two pictures, usually five, for each pattern, ensuring that you're never left in the dark. The photos are vibrant and colorful, leaving your fingers itching to pick up some yarn. My favorite piece in the book is titled "Honor Pullover," and it has a wide V-neck collar showing just enough collar bone. The sweater is perfectly fitted as waist shaping is not forgotten in the flirty design.
Remember your love of knitting as you ditch the needle and thread, which constantly come between you and a finished project. Finish-Free Knits puts the love back into knitting and helps you put together a whole new wardrobe with 20 to-die-for pieces.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Complete Guide to Bible Journaling
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Zentangle Basics Book Review
- Bead Bugs
- The Perfect Apron
- Lacy Wire Jewelry
- Leather Jewelry
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- Hanukkah Gift Envelopes
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Angled Mesh Crochet Scarf
- Candy Corn Crochet Door Basket
- Giant Crochet Cable Pillow
- Crochet Spiderwebs Table Runner
- Crochet Candy Corn Earrings
- Crochet Business Card Holders
- Crochet Halloween Wreath
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home