We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Amy Kopperude
Gifted by Creative Publishing International
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
It may be hard to believe, but the creepy crawly bugs that feather our backyards are true wonders of the animal kingdom. From the pesky mosquito to the stunning dragonfly, these bugs that crawl, fly, scamper, and slither are truly magnificent and can inspire some really creative and fun jewelry projects!
In Bead Bugs, author Amy Kopperude uses the kingdom of insects and arachnids to inspire some really unique and fun beaded jewelry projects. Broken down into 23 tutorials, this book offers readers lots of fun ways to use beads to create spiders, flys, mosquitos, and lady bugs that you'll be proud to have in your home.
The great thing about the projects in Bead Bugs is that you only need a few simple beading tools to get started. Pliers, wire cutters, wire and cord, and a colorful assortment of beads are really all you need to make all the projects in this book. You can also add more life to your bugs by decorating them with markers, Mod Podge, paint, or marbles.
What I love the most about the projects featured in Bead Bugs is that each one is broken down step-by-step, with easy to follow photos that show you every step of the process. The Honeybee Tea Infuser is my favorite project. With cute vintage beads and an easy-to-make honeybee that hangs off the side of your mug, this infuser would make a wonderful gift for a tea lover and is a project you can easily whip up on a rainy afternoon. Each step of the project is presented in a way that's easy to follow and, with full color step-by-step photos, I'm able to ensure that I get the best result the first time.
If you're a crafter who loves a challenge and you're looking for some fun and clever ways to work through your bead stash, be sure to check out the projects in Bead Bugs. You'll never look at a spider the same way again!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Bath Knits Book Review
- Bouffants and Broken Hearts Adult Coloring Book Review
- Cold Weather Crochet
- 2 Hour Crafting Treasures
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Unexpected Afghans
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Card Making with Cricut
- Altered Surfaces
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Easter Crafts
- Duo of Bears Unisex Baby T-Shirt
- Cross My Heart Treat Bag
- How to Sew a Zipper into a Lined Skirt
- Tiny Valentine Gift Boxes
- Pretty Hearts Hot Pad
- DIY Mini Pallet Photo Magnets
- Padded Denim Hearts for Decoration or Keyring
- Faux Topiary Heart Place Card Holders