Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
By Anna Maria Horner
Gifted by Wiley Publishing
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
It's no big secret that the art of needlepoint is a slow and meticulious process. One project can often take weeks to complete and can involve any number of thread colors. However, as most crafters and needlepoint designers will tell you, the reward is often well deserved and more than worth the effort it took to create the project.
For those who love needlepoint crafts and are looking for fun and creative patterns to make and give, Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook is a great place to start.
Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook features four categories of needlework; cross stitch, needlepoint, embroidery, and crewel. Each category ofers advice on common tools used, Anna Maria's favorite techniques, and hold-your-own hand instructions on how to develop and create your own patterns. In addition, each project journals her process right down to the precise fabrics and exact color number of every thread used in the beautifully photographed examples.
As a novice to needlecrafting, I loved that Anna Maria had detailed and easy to follow illustrated instructions on how to do several types of stitches. After reading through the book once, I already feel like I have a better grasp on the art of needlecrafting and what it takes to create those lovely designs.
I was also surprised to discover how relaxing needlecrafting is. The simple art of pulling thread with a needle took my mind off all my worries and, in a matter of seconds, I was calm and content...doing a craft that has been around for centuries.
If you have any interest in learning or playing around with needlecrafting, Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook is a great guide for beginners and those who might feel a little rusty in embroidery!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Cold Weather Crochet
- Zentangle 7 and 8
- Enchanted Forest Creatures, Nature's Gifts for Baby and Woodland Wildlife Book Reviews
- The Knitter's Companion
- Patterns in Polymer: Imprint & Accent Bead Techniques
- Joy of Zentangle
- Mod Podge Rocks!
- Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects
- Adult Coloring Books
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quicksilver Shawlette
- Make DIY blank books from leftover notebook paper
- Refashion shorts into a skirt
- Repurposed Shutters Sign for Halloween
- Halloween Pencil Box
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Tea Time
- Diamonds and Ice Mandala Coloring Page
- Emperor's Festival Adult Coloring Page
- Pure Royalty Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home