Anatomy of Steampunk
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Anatomy of Steampunk
By Katherine Gleason
Gifted by Race Point Publishing
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Who would have thought that wearing mismatched buttons, gears and bolts, vintage clocks, chains, and broken jewelry pieces would be a fashion movement? Though you may not have heard of it, Steampunk Fashion has come to encompass quite a few different looks, from amazing costumes and ensembles to casual street styles. Originally conceived as a literary genre, the term "Steampunk" described stories set in a steam-powered, science fiction-infused, Victorian London. Today, it's transformed into an amazing art form, and in Anatomy of Steampunk: The Fashion of Victorian Futurism, you can see exactly how it's gotten hold of the fashion industry.
Gathering the styles and fashions of more than 50 Steampunk designers, Anatomy of Steampunk is a glorious look into this world of metal and Victorian embellishments. Inspiring people from all walks of life, including high fashion designers, crafters, home sewers, and more, Steampunk allows for entertaining, dynamic, colorful, and sexy attire that is truly a work of art all on its own.
Each participating Steampunk designer in Anatomy of Steampunk gets an amazing full-page spread so you can see some great and inspirational costume and accessory ideas from the best in the industry. Each designer also has a little bio about how they got started creating Steampunk designs and some even have tutorials to teach you how to create your very own Steampunk accessories.
Acting more as an inspirational guide than a how-to guide, Anatomy of Steampunk is a great coffee table book, filled with absolutely amazing artistic designs and costumes. For lovers of Victorian-age fashion, metal work, or just those who love unique and fun clothing, this book is sure to give you a whole new look at the world of high fashion.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Card Making with Cricut
- Bouffants and Broken Hearts Adult Coloring Book Review
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Leather Jewelry
- Granny Square Flowers
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Very Merry Coloring and Color Your Own Christmas Ornaments Books Review
- My First Craft Book
- Crafting with Kids
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Millionaire's Afghan
- Hand Crochet Chunky Blanket
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Easter Crafts
- Duo of Bears Unisex Baby T-Shirt
- Cross My Heart Treat Bag
- How to Sew a Zipper into a Lined Skirt
- Tiny Valentine Gift Boxes
- Pretty Hearts Hot Pad
- DIY Mini Pallet Photo Magnets