A Knitters Home Companion: A Heartwarming Collection of Stories Patterns and Recipes
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
A Knitter’s Home Companion: A Heartwarming Collection of Stories, Patterns, and Recipes
By Michelle Edwards
Photographs by Jen Gotch
Gifted by Abrams Books
Book Review by Bridget Hardy, FaveCrafts.com Editor
Take a trip through the pleasant life of Michelle Edwards and read her book, A Knitter’s Home Companion. Edwards has graciously shared her favorite knit projects and recipes for us to enjoy. This book does not include step by step instructions how to knit. Instead, Edwards in sharing with us what the joys and purpose of knitting are in her life.
It becomes clear from the writing style: Edwards has a personal relationship with knitting. She was taught to knit as a spacey child, a “nudnik,” who needed to calm down. Now, she depends on knitting to pass her time, make her feel at home and restful, and to supply her family with knitted necessities. My favorite pattern of Edwards is her Chicken Egg Warmers design. The egg warmers are just adorable and something I would never imagine crafting myself. My kitchen is yellow and red, spotted with chickens and egg references, so Edward’s Chicken Egg Warmers are the perfect homemade décor!
I also love Edward’s fast projects, such as Quick and Easy First Socks and Quick and Easy Mittens. They are simple yet classy, and easy for me to follow. Seasoned knitters will respect Edward’s thoughtful patterns, such as Updated Ripple Afghan design. The story behind her patterns make them that much more amazing.
And, after knitting, you won’t feel stressed about dinner thanks to recipes in Edward’s book! Trust me: this all-in-one knitting story and help book is everything you will ever want to have next to you while knitting.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- 99 Cross Stitch Luvable Pets
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Card Making with Cricut
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
- Dr. Knit's Curious Creatures Book Review
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Beading In No Time
- Creative Faces Adult Coloring Book Review
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 16 Free Knitted Slipper Patterns + Knit Slippers for Christmas
- Crochet Ripple Afghan Troubleshooting Guide
- Daisy Pom Pom Mandala
- Festive Sparkle Star Mandala
- Pine Cone Christmas Trees for Kids
- Recycled Christmas Cards
- Last Minute Christmas Decor Redo
- How To Make Realistic Fake "Raw Cotton" Branches
- How to Subscribe and Unsubscribe from Newsletters
- 23 Knit & Crochet Ear Warmer Patterns