Summer Flower Coaster Set
This Summer Flower Coaster Set from Perler Beads is so easy to make! Gather the kids and create these fun outdoor summer coasters with fun Perler Beads patterns like these. These are great for outdoor summer gatherings!
- Large Basic Shapes Pegboards: 5 Ct
- 1,000 Pack Perler Beads in Hot Coral, Yellow, Kiwi Lime, Light Blue, Purple, Black, White (2 bags of white, 1 bag of the rest of the colors)
- Ironing Paper (6 sheets)
- Bead Tweezer Plus
- Household Glue
- Sheet of cork
- Download the Flower Coaster Set Project Pattern. Use the large circle pegboard for your project. If you’re using a clear pegboard, slide the actual-size pattern underneath it. Place all the beads for the design.
- Ask an adult to fuse your designs. Place your pegboard on a flat, heat-safe surface. Set a household iron to the medium setting. Place ironing paper over the pegboard. In a circular motion, begin to iron the project. When ironed properly, the beads will still have an open center. Let the design cool.
Remove the paper and bead design from the pegboard. Flip the design over to expose the non-fused side. Repeat step two. Let cool completely. Once the design is cool, peel off the ironing paper. Your pegboard and ironing paper are reusable.
- Note: Beads need heat for about 10-20 seconds per side to fuse evenly. Depending on the size of the project, additional heating time may be required. Since you are working on a 3-D project, DO NOT OVER-IRON the beads as it will make the centers of the beads close and can make assembly more challenging.
- Coaster Assembly: Cut out circles of cork to match the size of the designs. Using regular household glue, attach a piece of cork to the bottom of each coaster.
- Coaster Holder Lid Assembly: Using household glue, assemble each layer of the lid bottom to top as follows:
- lid #2
- lid #3
- lid #2
- lid #1
- Coaster Holder Base Assembly: Using household glue, assemble each layer of the lid bottom to top, offsetting layers as shown in the following order:
- base #1
- base #2
- base #3
- base #4
- base #3
- base #5
- Your Coaster Set is finished— great job!
Read Next101+ Free Beading Patterns
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 03, 2012
Canna get the download of the pattern to work....can it be fixed, please? Thank you.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use