Polymer Clay Egg Bead
Make your jewelry crafts that much more special by creating your own homemade clay beads. Celebrate spring by creating a Polymer Clay Egg Bead from Candace Jedrowicz. Use pepper to create a speckled surface. This life-like bead can be created in just three steps.
- Polymer clay – I used blue
- Ground pepper
- Wooden skewer
- Here’s all you need to make you egg bead! Tap a small amount of ground pepper on to your work surface.
- Roll your ball of clay in the pepper until you have the look you want. Shape the ball into an egg shape.
- Hold the bead gently as you insert the skewer in one end. When it’s through, take it out and insert in the other end. This makes both holes smooth.
- You can make a smaller hole to make jewelry, but I wanted to use it as a focal bead on a key fob.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out Polymer Clay Egg Bead.