Beaded Charm and Toggle Necklace
Create a charming necklace with red and silver glass beads. This project from Katie Hacker is great for a Valentine's Day gift.
- Beadalon® 49 Strand wire, .018” diameter, bright color
- Thirty-eight 6mm round red glass beads
- Twenty 4mm round red glass beads
- Twenty 4mm round silver beads
- Ten 12mm silver tubes
- Nine 6mm silver beads
- Nine red E beads silver toggle clasp
- Two 1.3mm
- Silver crimp tubes
- 27 silver head pins
- Beadstorm™ Round Nose Pliers
- Nipper Tool
- Beadalon™ Crimper
String a 6mm red bead onto a head pin. Use round nose pliers to make a loop above the bead. Trim off any excess wire. Repeat this technique to make 18 beaded charms (A charm). String an E bead and a 6mm metal bead onto a head pin. Make a loop and trim off any excess wire. Repeat for nine charms (B charm). Set the charms aside for Step 3.
Cut a 17 1/2" length of Beadalon® 49 Strand wire. String a crimp tube 1/2" from the end. String the Beadalon® wire through half of the clasp and back into the crimp tube to form a loop. Crimp it.
String a 4mm red, 4mm silver and 6mm red bead onto the wire. Repeat the following beading pattern nine times: 12mm tube, 6mm red, 4mm silver, A charm, 4mm red, B charm, 4mm red, A charm, 4mm silver, 6mm red. String beads as follows onto the end of the necklace: 12mm tube, 6mm red, 4mm silver, 4mm red.
- String a crimp tube, then string the Beadalon® wire through half of the clasp and back into the crimp tube to form a loop. Crimp it.
Tip: Follow the instructions on the crimping tool package to crimp the crimp beads or tubes.