We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"One of the floral crafts I love creating is wreaths. As far as home decorations are concerned you can never have enough wreaths. They're just so much fun to work with and so versatile. This year I decided I wanted to create a fall wreath for my front door. The challenge with creating a wreath for my front door is I only have a 3" clearance between the front door and the storm door as you can see in the picture above. So, it couldn't just be any type of wreath. I had bought a straw wreath many years ago that was actually 3" deep and 14" around that I thought would be perfect. I thought it might work so I started making my wreath. As I was going along I thought, perhaps I should have tried the wreath on the front door before I started making it. Nah! It would fit. So, I continued with my fingers crossed. As I was going along I decided to cover the straw wreath with ribbon and velvet leaves, which wouldn't increase the depth of the wreath and to place the silk florals inside the inner circle of the wreath, which also wouldn't interfere with the depth. When the wreath was done I brought it upstairs and, with my fingers crossed, tried it. Luckily for me it just fit. I was so pleased with the way my wreath came out so I thought you might enjoy a step-by-step tutorial of how I made my wreath."
Primary Technique: Florals/Wreaths
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Naturally Beautiful Fall Table Runner
- Thankful and Blessed Harvest Pumpkin Sign
- 16 DIY Fall Wreaths for Front Door
- DIY Clay Leaf Jewelry Dish
- Woodland Animal Garland
- Cute Vintage Fabric Pumpkins
- DIY Fall Branch Centerpiece
- 60 Second Toilet Paper Pumpkin
- Glitter Leaves and Felt Pumpkin Wreath
- Chic Burlap and Pearl Flowers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tea Light Snowman and Owl Christmas Ornaments
- Chubby Christmas Crochet Elf Patterns
- Handmade JOY Holiday Trio Ensemble
- Arctic Albatross Adult Coloring Page
- The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry
- 14 Knit and Crochet Bun Hat Patterns
- How to Prevent Fabric Shrinkage
- Tassel and Trim DIY Throw Pillow
- Ripples of Joy Christmas Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Austin Cables Throw
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home