Free Sewing Patterns, Sew Why Not Save Money?
April 16, 2009 – Northbrook, Ill.— We know you’re struggling to make ends meet, and so are millions of other people. It’s not easy to buy clothes or gifts anymore, “sew” why not save money and sew your own clothes and gifts? Sewing is a booming craft, with free downloadable sewing patterns available in the United States. It’s a great time to show people you can be stylish with your own taste while keeping your wallet in your pocket.
Sewing is an expanding hobby. According to IBIS World, sewing is a $5.9 billion industry which employs over 77,000 people. Growth rates are accelerating.
People are also becoming a bit healthier due to the relaxation of the craft. An online video from The Early Show describes how activities like knitting, crochet and sewing are good for your brain, especially in your later years. According to Neuroscientist Dr. Yonas Geda from the Mayo Clinic, these activities seem to be neuro-protective and have been shown to reduce memory loss in later years by as much as 50%. Sewing also helps to lower stress, reduce pain, reduce symptoms of depression, boost your immune system and lower your blood pressure.
With sewing being a favorite pastime it seems like we are revisiting the old days. Sewing is fun, easy and it’s a great way to help you out in these hard times. With sewing and technology booming it makes it easy to get free sewing patterns downloaded right to your computer. And now is as perfect time as any. www.favecrafts.com gives consumers sewing patterns for free. These patterns include anything from: children’s clothes, scarves and pillows to notebooks and even children’s growth wall charts. Just visit http://www.favecrafts.com/Sewing for more sewing crafts and patterns.
For additional information on sewing patterns, please contact FaveCrafts.com Editor Christine Doheny.
Christine Doheny, Editor
# # #
FaveCrafts.com is an exciting resource for all things craft - from expert tips to project ideas for every style and skill level. We also publish Quick & Crafty, a free e-mail newsletter, publish crafting eBooks, and create crafting related product promotions, contests and giveaways.
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking.
- Foolproof Afghan
- 43 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- 94 Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns
- Easy Crochet Flower Headband
- Toilet Paper Roll Sunflowers
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- 10 Crafty Uses for an Old Toothbrush + 6 Bonus Projects
- Cottontail Toilet Paper Roll Napkin Rings
- 30 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners + 2 New Crochet Patterns
- 22 Sewing Room Design Ideas
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 19 Fun and Easy Paper Crafts for Kids
- Ornamental Easter Eggs
- Knit Bow Tie Dog Collar Free Knitting Pattern
- Robyn Josephs
- Easter Bunny Canvas
- Little Bunny Easy Sewing Pattern
- Scottish Terrier Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- "The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More" free eBook
- Silly Kids DIY Shoe Decoration
- Stenciled Chalkboard Happy Birthday Card