FREE Knitting Patterns Produce Creative Crafting Ideas
April 16, 2009 – Northbrook, Ill.— Spending money is easy, but saving it is even easier. The internet and related technology we have today allows people access and download free knitting patterns. There are many crafts out there that can be knit and you’re the one to do it.
There has been a 51 percent increase over the past 10 years of how many American women know how to knit. A recent report from the Craft Yarn Council of America said that number is equal to 53 million women. The Internet and proliferation of free knitting patterns is often mentioned as part of the reason for the surge in knitting interest. Of course, a weak economy and the desire to give homemade gifts are also fueling the craze. A homemade craft knitting type project can be made with your selection of yarn and is made in the USA.
According to the National NeedleArts Association, today handmade items have become a fashion look much in demand. In some ways, they are far more valuable than what can be bought in a store. An item you make for yourself is something you can have pride in as it displays your own talent and expertise. An item you make for someone else, in addition to being a beautiful garment, shows your love and appreciation for the recipient.
People used to have to go to several different stores to find the knitting pattern they were looking for until they found the right one. Now you can download free knitting patterns. More and more people are learning how to knit and love how it helps them save money at the same time.
At http://www.favecrafts.com/Knitting they have many free knitting patterns. Some of those patterns include baby clothes and booties, winter accessories, blankets and more. There are also free tutorials, videos and Q & A. Along with that www.favecrafts.com provides guest bloggers who help consumers with your journey of becoming a knitter.
For additional information on knitting, please contact FaveCrafts.com Editor Christine Doheny.
Christine Doheny, Editor
# # #
FaveCrafts.com is an exciting resource for all things craft - from expert tips to project ideas for every style and skill level. We also publish Quick & Crafty, a free e-mail newsletter, publish crafting eBooks, and create crafting related product promotions, contests and giveaways.
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking.
- "11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas" free eBook
- Crocheted Hats to Donate
- 48 Simple Homemade Christmas Ornaments
- Easy Fingerless Gloves
- How to Crochet Gloves for Beginners: 9 Patterns
- 53 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
- 28 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners + 4 Bonus Patterns
- Crocheted Snowflake Table Runner
- Snowball Wine Bottle Vases
- Colorful Texting Gloves
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie
- Purrfect Winter Beanie