FREE Knitting Patterns Produce Creative Crafting Ideas
April 16, 2009 – Northbrook, Ill.— Spending money is easy, but saving it is even easier. The internet and related technology we have today allows people access and download free knitting patterns. There are many crafts out there that can be knit and you’re the one to do it.
There has been a 51 percent increase over the past 10 years of how many American women know how to knit. A recent report from the Craft Yarn Council of America said that number is equal to 53 million women. The Internet and proliferation of free knitting patterns is often mentioned as part of the reason for the surge in knitting interest. Of course, a weak economy and the desire to give homemade gifts are also fueling the craze. A homemade craft knitting type project can be made with your selection of yarn and is made in the USA.
According to the National NeedleArts Association, today handmade items have become a fashion look much in demand. In some ways, they are far more valuable than what can be bought in a store. An item you make for yourself is something you can have pride in as it displays your own talent and expertise. An item you make for someone else, in addition to being a beautiful garment, shows your love and appreciation for the recipient.
People used to have to go to several different stores to find the knitting pattern they were looking for until they found the right one. Now you can download free knitting patterns. More and more people are learning how to knit and love how it helps them save money at the same time.
At http://www.favecrafts.com/Knitting they have many free knitting patterns. Some of those patterns include baby clothes and booties, winter accessories, blankets and more. There are also free tutorials, videos and Q & A. Along with that www.favecrafts.com provides guest bloggers who help consumers with your journey of becoming a knitter.
For additional information on knitting, please contact FaveCrafts.com Editor Christine Doheny.
Christine Doheny, Editor
# # #
FaveCrafts.com is an exciting resource for all things craft - from expert tips to project ideas for every style and skill level. We also publish Quick & Crafty, a free e-mail newsletter, publish crafting eBooks, and create crafting related product promotions, contests and giveaways.
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking.
- Leafy Cable Bag
- Sturdiest Ever Farmers Market Crochet Bag Pattern
- Uptown Tote Bag
- Extra Large Bellagio Tote
- Cotton Stripes Knit Dishcloth
- Penelope's Flirty Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Foolproof Afghan
- 43 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- 94 Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns
- 674 Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sandits Sanding Sticks
- Apricot Bath Bomb Recipe
- Homemade Lip Balm
- Spiced Brown Sugar Scrub
- Tree of Love DIY Wedding Centerpiece
- Painted Tool Box DIY Father's Day Gift
- Mary Vaughn
- Red and Black Dangly Plastic Earrings
- Refashioned Patchwork Jacket Sewing Pattern
- Coraline's Summer Baby Hat Pattern