Free Sewing Patterns, Sew Why Not Save Money?
April 16, 2009 – Northbrook, Ill.— We know you’re struggling to make ends meet, and so are millions of other people. It’s not easy to buy clothes or gifts anymore, “sew” why not save money and sew your own clothes and gifts? Sewing is a booming craft, with free downloadable sewing patterns available in the United States. It’s a great time to show people you can be stylish with your own taste while keeping your wallet in your pocket.
Sewing is an expanding hobby. According to IBIS World, sewing is a $5.9 billion industry which employs over 77,000 people. Growth rates are accelerating.
People are also becoming a bit healthier due to the relaxation of the craft. An online video from The Early Show describes how activities like knitting, crochet and sewing are good for your brain, especially in your later years. According to Neuroscientist Dr. Yonas Geda from the Mayo Clinic, these activities seem to be neuro-protective and have been shown to reduce memory loss in later years by as much as 50%. Sewing also helps to lower stress, reduce pain, reduce symptoms of depression, boost your immune system and lower your blood pressure.
With sewing being a favorite pastime it seems like we are revisiting the old days. Sewing is fun, easy and it’s a great way to help you out in these hard times. With sewing and technology booming it makes it easy to get free sewing patterns downloaded right to your computer. And now is as perfect time as any. www.favecrafts.com gives consumers sewing patterns for free. These patterns include anything from: children’s clothes, scarves and pillows to notebooks and even children’s growth wall charts. Just visit http://www.favecrafts.com/Sewing for more sewing crafts and patterns.
For additional information on sewing patterns, please contact FaveCrafts.com Editor Christine Doheny.
Christine Doheny, Editor
# # #
FaveCrafts.com is an exciting resource for all things craft - from expert tips to project ideas for every style and skill level. We also publish Quick & Crafty, a free e-mail newsletter, publish crafting eBooks, and create crafting related product promotions, contests and giveaways.
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking.
- 50+ Recycle Crafts for Kids
- Deep V Flourish Sweater Jacket
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- 44 Easy Craft Projects For Adults
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Flip Flap Messenger Bag
- Kate Spade Inspired Rose Bowl
- 100+ Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns
- Millionaire's Afghan
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Thankful For You Printable
- Junk Mail DIY Wall Art
- Sew Easy Infinity Scarf
- Star Mason Jar Craft
- Star Wars Terrarium
- July 4th Party Bags for Grown-Ups
- Wooden Necklace Organizer
- Framed Earring Organizer
- Teacher Appreciation Printable Art
- Happiest DIY Office Curtains