Free July 4th Crafts Offer an Opportunity to Celebrate America for Less
Northbrook, IL July 4, 2009— As Obama’s presidential campaign so effectively demonstrated, Americans are eager for renewed patriotism. The campaign set off a movement which reinvigorated many people’s faith in America, its ideals and its potential. July 4th, the date of our nation’s birth, is sure to be an important and exciting celebration this year. With the current economic situation, many belt-tightening consumers will forgo store-bought decorations and other traditional purchases for July 4th celebrations.
The booming DIY movement, supported by a vibrant and readily available online community, will offer numerous alternatives to show patriotism. Free July 4th crafts require little to no monetary expenditure and encourage people to show pride in an active way. Americans can create brag-worthy decorations for a July 4th barbecue or create something unique to wear to the fireworks. For many Americans disenchanted with mass-market retail and overconsumption, these free July 4th crafts are a more personal and endearing way to celebrate.
The economy is certainly not the only reason people are turning to free July 4th crafts. Holiday crafting, like all crafting, encourages social occasions where friends and family members can create something together. The appearance of numerous craft clubs all over the country attests to the growing popularity and pride in handmade objects. Teaching each other and learning together, crafting is an altogether positive social experience based on cooperation rather than competition.
Crafting encourages people to value handmade items and look for no-cost or low-cost options for entertainment. Instead of spending money on disposable decorations this July 4th, American will devote time to celebrating the country with free July 4th crafts. Fewer disposable decorations and less plastic packaging for store-bought goods means less trash for the landfill. In this way, thriftiness through crafting is also an environmental choice, one which many Americans will consider this July 4th.
FaveCrafts.com is a great resource for free July 4th crafts, whatever your skill levels. Crafters can find free sewing patterns for wearable patriotism, craft projects for July 4th parties including invitations and centerpieces, and easy painting projects to decorate the home with July 4th pride. Free july 4th crafts can be found here: http://www.favecrafts.com/Fourth-of-July
For additional information on Fourth of July crafts for children, please contact FaveCrafts.com Editor Caley Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FaveCrafts.com is an exciting resource for all things craft - from expert tips to project ideas for every style and skill level. We also publish Quick & Crafty, a free e-mail newsletter, publish crafting eBooks, and create crafting related product promotions, contests and giveaways.
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking.
Caley Walsh, Editor
- 100+ Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns
- Easy Hexagon Rug
- Southern Cross Afghan
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- 48 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Stripe Sleeve V Neck Sweater for Kids
- Baby Hoodie Knitting Pattern
- Infinity Rug
- Home for the Holidays Afghan
- 1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crocheted Doily DIY Necklace
- Easter Chick Crochet Pattern
- Embellished Stationery Set
- Cord DIY Ring
- Happy Together Die Cut Card
- Sea Stone DIY Necklace
- Sea Stone DIY Ring
- Cute Strawberry Dish Towel Holder
- Easter Egg Zipper Pouch with Key Holder Tutorial
- How to Stamp with Embossing Powder