One of my earliest crafting memories is learning how to use the embroidery hoop. My great-grandmother, who was a master sewist and knitter, had a large assortment of embroidery hoops that she gave to my mom after she moved to Florida. My mom spent several days teaching me how to use the embroidery hoop and how to sew and embroider patterns onto fabric. I had remembered watching my great-grandmother embroider and I loved the poetry of her movement…how she effortlessly created all kinds of embroidered napkins, pillowcases, and handkerchiefs by simply pulling a needle and thread through the fabric.
When I got old enough, I created my very first embroidered pattern, which was a haphazard dedication to Harry Potter. When I stumbled upon this project a few years ago, it brought me to tears and I instantly hung it above my bookshelf, where it sits today.
As I sat looking at one of the first things I ever remember making, I wondered what else I could do with my great-grandma’s embroidery hoops. I have a variety of hoops in different sizes…so I did some exploring and gathered up a few of my favorite embroidery hoop projects for you to enjoy! Whether you use them to embroider or decorate your home, these plastic and wooden hoops can do wonders for your home decor. Projects like the Jolly JOY Ornaments make for a quick and easy Christmas decoration…and the Embroidery Hoop Bulletin Board is a great way to keep your life organized.
No matter how you use them, these fun embroidery hoop ideas are sure to give you a reason to dig those old hoops out of your craft stash! Enjoy!
18 Ways to Use Embroidery Hoops
- Embroidery Hoop Turkey
- Love Where You Live Ornament
- On the Wall Sewing Room Organizer
- DIY Embroidery Hoop Planter
- Embroidery Hoop Purse
- Your Kind of DIY Clock
- Embroidery Hoop Stencil Art
- “Hello, Sunshine!” Embroidery Art
- Embroidery Hoop Snowflake Mobile
- Fabric-Filled Embroidery Hoop
- Embroidery Hoop Bulletin Board
- Baby Name Embroidery Hoop
- Mini Bell Wreath
- Jolly JOY Ornaments
- Gingerbread Tree Ornament
- Simple Button Tree Art
- Peaceful Christmas Wall Art
- Home Run Baseball Art
How do you use embroidery hoops in your crafting life?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 14 Actually Pretty Perler Bead Crafts to Melt - September 26, 2016
- 9 DIY Thanksgiving Centerpiece Ideas to Wow Your Dinner Guests - September 19, 2016
- 17 Legendary Last Minute Halloween Costumes for Adults - September 12, 2016