The Easter bunny will be hopping around before we know it! There’s no better time than now to start looking into egg decorating ideas to surprise the family with. Go old-school and dip your eggs in dye, or try one of the craftier methods we have rustled up for you. Egg decorating ideas come in all forms, whether you’re using hard boiled or plastic eggs.
How to Hard Boil the Perfect Egg
Hard boiling eggs may be second-nature to some, but many of us struggle to get it right. Always end up with the perfect egg, and take a few hints from our guides below. This year, the first step to the ultimate Easter egg will also be the easiest.
Coloring Easter Eggs
The traditional way of coloring Easter eggs is to take hard boiled eggs and dip them in various dyes. While we have a blast every year dip-dying, there are so many fun ways to color your eggs! Try turning Dad’s old ties into an amazing Easter decorating tool, using a Sharpie to doodle on your eggs, or using Jell-O to tint them.
- How to Dye Easter Eggs with Old Ties
- Sharpie Doodle Easter Eggs
- Jell-O Dyed Eggs
- Natural Dye Easter Egg Tutorial
Perfect Plastic Eggs
Who says that Easter eggs are only for eating? You can use fabric, Sharpies, glitter–practically anything–to dress up a set of plastics eggs for Easter! The ideas below will inspire a new and improved Easter egg hunt that the family will love.
- Fabric Covered Eggs
- Altered Plastic Eggs
- Glittered Easter Eggs
- Baker’s Twine Easter Eggs
- Yarn and Fabric Covered Eggs
Egg Cozies and Wraps
- Chick Egg Cover
- Simply Pretty Crochet Egg Covers
- Stripe Teapot Cozy and Egg Cozies
- Egg Cozy Chick Family
- Granny Crochet Easter Eggs
What’s your go-to egg decorating method?
Latest posts by AllFreeHolidayCrafts (see all)
- 23 Rustically Romantic Ideas - January 25, 2016
- 10 Valentine’s Day Crafts to Help You Have the Best V-Day Ever - January 22, 2016
- 8 DIY Party Decorations You Can Make For Memorial Day in 30 Minutes or Less - May 22, 2015