Just like Danny and Sandy in “Grease,” I’ve been thinking a lot about those summer nights lately. It has been cold! We had the coldest 4th of July in 30 years in Chicago, and I was definitely not prepared. I hate buying jackets especially for summer because it is such a short season, so I end up being cold and jacketless from June to August.
After looking at some of our newest craft projects, I’ve realized the solution is to make something I can wear year-round. Yes, I said make! I am always looking for a weekend rainy day activity so this would be perfect. Here are three of my favorite new crochet and knitting projects from FaveCrafts.com. Which one should I make?
- Long Lace Stole: This one is thick enough to be a winter scarf but wide enough that it would make the perfect shawl for a cold summer night. The yarn is colorful so the pattern looks fairly easy.
- Chunky Knit Long Wrap: This is a more dressed up wrap that could really complete an outfit for a casual night out at the movies or a fancy dinner. I actually love the burgundy yarn featured in the photo, but this one looks a bit more time consuming because of its size.
- Quick and Easy Shawl: This is a smaller shawl that would probably be paired better with a dress or a light sweater in the fall or winter. I love how easy this pattern is–I think even I can do this one!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 20 Last-Minute Gift Ideas That Everyone Will Love - December 5, 2016
- Best Ornament Contest 2016 Winners + Ornament Tutorials! - November 30, 2016
- 22 Crafting Tutorials and How Tos You Might Have Missed: Part 2 - November 28, 2016