Have you ever participated in a swap before? I’ve done a few in the past, and I had so much fun! I wanted to get FaveCrafts readers involved in the fun, so we are very excited to announce the first FaveCrafts card swap!!!
If you’ve never heard of swapping before, here’s what it’s all about: Everyone who participates is assigned a partner (or two, or three–for this swap, you will be assigned 3 partners). Then every swap participant makes/buys/procures the item to be swapped. For our swap, it’s homemade Valentine’s cards. Once you receive your swap partners’ addresses, you send them a homemade card, and they’ll send you one in return.
Swaps are a fun way to facilitate a sense of community among our crafty readers. Plus, everyone likes getting snail mail! If you have no one to exchange Valentines with, or if you just want to see what everyone else is making, participating in a card swap is the best way to get involved!
Want to start swapping? Here’s how:
- Register for an account on swap-bot.com. It’s free!
- Once your account is set up, go to our swap page here. It’s called “FaveCrafts Valentine’s Card Swap.”
- Click “Join Swap.” The last day to join is February 4.
- You will be randomly assigned 3 partners to make cards for. You can make 3 different cards or 3 identical cards; it’s up to you! Just make sure that you make and send 3, and that all 3 are homemade in some way.
- You will be notified via email when your partners have been assigned to you. Once you receive your partners’ names and addresses, send your cards to them. Please have all cards in the mail by February 11. Please don’t disappoint your partners by neglecting to send cards to them, or sending them late.
- Then wait patiently by the mailbox for your Valentines to arrive!
Any questions? Contact us for more info! Now who’s excited to start swapping?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 18 Recycled Crafts for Christmas - October 8, 2015
- Best DIY Hair Accessories - September 30, 2015
- National Coffee Day: 11 DIY Mugs You Need in Your Life - September 29, 2015