Do you have to buy at least 3 skeins of yarn every time you find yourself near a Hobby Lobby? Have you considered renting a storage space just to keep some of your spare yarn? Well, my friend, it’s time you took part in a yarn swap! Ever since FaveCrafts hosted its first Valentine’s Day Card Swap, I’ve been dying to get us knitters in on the fun!
If you’ve never heard of swapping before, here’s what it’s all about: Everyone who participates is assigned a partner (or two, or three–for this swap, you will be assigned 2 partners). Then every swap participant makes/buys/procures the item to be swapped. For our swap, it’s one skein of unused yarn from your yarn stash (I know you have one). This yarn must be around 2 ounces in weight, which is just over 50 grams. Once you receive your swap partners’ addresses, you send them one skein of yarn, and they’ll send you one in return.
Swaps are a fun way to facilitate a sense of community among fellow knitters. Plus, who doesn’t love getting a package!? If you are looking for a fun way to get rid of some of your stash, and get some beautiful new yarn in return, this yarn swap is just what you need!
Want to start swapping? Here’s how:
- Register for an account on swap-bot.com. It’s free!
- Once your account is set up, go to our swap page here. It’s called “AllFreeKnitting’s Stash Busting Yarn Swap!”
- Click “Join Swap.” The last day to join is April 22.
- You will be randomly assigned 2 partners to mail yarn to. You can send any color of yarn you wish, just make sure each skein is in good condition and weighs around 2 ounces (about 50 grams).
- You will be notified via email when your partners have been assigned to you. Once you receive your partners’ names and addresses, send your yarn to them. Please have all yarn in the mail by April 30. Please don’t disappoint your partners by neglecting to send yarn to them, or sending them late.
- Then wait patiently by the mailbox for your yarn to arrive!
Any questions? Contact us for more info! Now who’s excited to start swapping?
Latest posts by AllFreeKnitting (see all)
- The BEST DIY Gift Ideas: Knit and Crochet Baby Patterns - October 14, 2015
- Day of the Dead Crafts: 5 Ways to Celebrate - November 1, 2013
- Learn How to Knit with AllFreeKnitting! - May 24, 2012