Warning: This post contains incredibly helpful information and sewing tutorials.
You were supposed to leave 12 minutes ago for the airport, but you know you’re forgetting something. Your keys? Chargers? ID? What is it??
There just isn’t time to think about it anymore. Boldly you yell at everyone to get in the car, scoop the dazed 4 year-old off the floor, and head out.
Settled at your gate with your group of nomads, a heart-sinking realization sets in that you forgot everything.
Don’t worry! It was just a dream. To prevent yourself from forgetting those personal and family essentials, we’ve created a list of items that you definitely need. Best of all, they’re all simple sewing projects that you’ll enjoy making immensely. How do we know? Come on, you’re on a sewing blog; we’re one in the same. Take a trip with us by browsing through these tutorials on sewing purses, organizers, and more gear for traveling. You’ll be surprised at how incredibly useful each of these free sewing projects is.
Sewing Purses, Pouches, and Toiletry Holders
- Zip-Up DIY Cosmetics Bag
- Posh Paneled DIY Makeup Bag
- Zippered Dopp Kit
- Rainbow Scraps E-Reader Sleeve
- Electronics Cozy
- Recycled Travel Pouch in Minutes
Sewing Project Ideas for Parents
- How to Make a Portable High Chair
- Mei Tai Tutorial
- Travel Change and Play Mat
- Diaper Pouch and Changing Pad
How to Sew Helpful Accessories if you Lose Everything All the Time
Sewing Tutorials for the Luggage-less Traveler
Additional Items You Always Forget
- Patchwork Travel Neck Pillow
- Purse Organizer Insert
- Jewelry Roll Tutorial
- Travel Earring Organizer
- Safely Secure Travel Fabric Book
Did we forget something? Hopefully not, but if you thought of an item on this list that wasn’t mentioned, tell us what it is!
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- 15 Quick Sewing Projects Under 15 Minutes - July 20, 2014
- What You (Almost) Forgot to Bring: Sewing Purses, Organizers, and More for Travel - July 14, 2014
- Kids and Camping Hacks: 17 Camping Crafts for Kids - July 8, 2014