It’s Day Nine of National Sewing Month! Don’t forget to visit our blog every day to enter to win our daily prize from Coats & Clark. Find the contest rules and enter below. Also look out below for details on how to receive additional entries for our National Sewing Month grand prize from BERNINA! Too see the daily blog posts, projects of the day, and more National Sewing Month details, click here.
This giveaway is now over. Please be sure to check out our current giveaways and stay tuned for big giveaways in the future! Don’t forget to check out the free project below.
Entwined: Table Runner
Finished quilt measures approximately 23” x 41.5”
A seam allowance of ¼ inch is included throughout. Requirements are based on fabric 112cm (42” wide).
- 1 x charm pack OR 32 5” squares (I used Serenade by Kate Spain for Moda)
- 0.5 yard of a solid fabric
- * Extra fabric for backing + binding
- * Batting
- Neutral thread for piecing & quilting
- Sewing machine with a ¼” foot
- Cutting mat, rotary cutter, ruler
- Iron and ironing board
- General sewing supplies
- Solid Fabric
- Cut (4) 2.5” strips x WOF
- Crosscut (64) 2.5” squares
- Cut (3) 2.75” strips x WOF (Border Fabric)
- From these 3 strips:
- Cut (2) 2.75”strips x 42” (long borders)
- Cut (2) 2.75” x 18.5” strips from the remaining strip (short borders)
Place a 2.5” solid square on 2 diagonal corners of each of the 32 charm squares.
Draw a diagonal pencil line across each solid square (optional) and then sew the solid fabric squares to the charm squares (per the diagram below).
Trim the corners ¼” from the seam and press open (as per the diagram below).
Repeat this step to make 32 blocks measuring 5” square.
Arrange and sew the blocks as per the diagram below.
Sew the 2 short border strips to either end of the runner top.
Sew the 2 long border strips to either side of the runner top.
Piece the backing if required.
Lay the backing fabric right side down on a hard surface and use masking tape to secure it, ensuring the fabric is taut but not distorted.
Layer the batting square over it, then the well pressed runner top.
Baste the 3 layers together with safety pins.
Quilt as desired.
(I used a free motion meandering pattern all over the quilt)
To be entered to win our daily giveaway for today, leave a comment on this blog post telling us…
What is the first quilting project you remember making?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post below.
- You have until tonight, September 9th, 2013 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.