This project is brought to you by Latrice Murphy from Any Occasion.
As we head out of graduation season, I am excited to share with you what I created for my nephew. He’s getting ready to take on a big challenge called high school. To make it even tougher, he is on scholarship to play basketball at a local private school. I couldn’t be more proud to be his aunt. I try to give them crafty projects that have a cool twist, so I researched creating a notebook of some kind. Then I thought – MONEY! How awesome would that be? Here is what you’ll need to make the coolest gift giver ever that’s perfect for any occasion.
- Leftover chipboard from packaging
- Matte medium (or you can use rubber cement)
- Patterned paper (I used basketball textured paper from DCWV)
- Mini binder clips
- Money (I used 25 crisp one dollar bills)
Adhere your chipboard to your patterned paper using the matte medium.
Next you need to create a stack in this order – cover, bills, back cover. Clip them around the top that will be connected as the notebook. Add a line of glue and spread it with your finger. You’ll want to do this about 4-5 times and let each layer dry between coats. Wipe the cover and back clean with a dry cloth if you get glue on it.
Let the entire notebook dry for about 30 minutes and unclip it. You’re all set!
I can’t tell you how cool he thought this was. I left the cover and back blank so he could stick it in his pocket. The inside is perfect to write a short message to the recipient. I hope you give this a try when you’re thinking of a gift for a teenager or recent grad.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 14 Actually Pretty Perler Bead Crafts to Melt - September 26, 2016
- 9 DIY Thanksgiving Centerpiece Ideas to Wow Your Dinner Guests - September 19, 2016
- 17 Legendary Last Minute Halloween Costumes for Adults - September 12, 2016