There are only a few days left of National Craft Month. We hope you’ve enjoyed viewing a new craft and giveaway each day this month! I know we’ve all had a great time sharing these fun projects and prizes with you. Before our month of crafty fun comes to a close, let’s check out a few more ideas. Today, our friends at Plaid have shared a special home decor craft with us. The Martha Stewart Arabesque Home Accents collection can help you imprint lovely, geometric designs on things such lamp shades and pillows. Customize the looks to match your home decor. With bright colors, lively shapes and your creative mind, there’s no telling what kinds of amazing things you’ll end up with!
As I mentioned before, to go along with this craft idea, we’re offering a special giveaway. All you have to do is answer the question found at the bottom of this post. Leave a comment in the comment section below and you’re automatically entered to win. It’s that simple! So, without further ado, let’s explore this cool project!
Martha Stewart Arabesque Home Accents
When you combine your creativity and these Martha Stewart craft materials, anything is possible! Choose your favorite pastel color and give a dark set pillow a bright geometric design to really liven up your couch. Or, choose an assortment of colored paints and give that old lamp shade a much need upgrade so the family room becomes your favorite spot in the house. Once you see how easy it is to use these awesome stencils and paints, you’ll be ready to transform your living space.
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint – Wild Blueberry
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint – Mardis Gras Beads
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint – Raspberry Ice
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint – Yellowjacket
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint – Wedding Cake
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint – Lake Fog
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 6oz Tintable Fabric Medium
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Foam Pouncers Set – 6pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Utility Brush Set – 3pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stencil Brush Set – 6pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Arabesque Laser-Cut Stencils
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stencil Tape
- Home accessories of your choice
How to Paint the Stencil
TIP: Practice your technique or check your color by first making a sample print on paper or scrap fabric.
- Place stencil on your surface and secure using tape. If using spray adhesive, spray stencil first, then place on surface.
- Pour a small amount of paint onto your palette. Load paint sparingly on a stencil brush or sponge and dab off excess. Lightly dab on a thin layer of paint; apply a second coat if necessary. Paint all areas of one color on the stencil before moving on to the next.
- While paint is still wet, carefully peel off stencil.
- Continue painting areas of the stencil according to your design. Let the paint dry completely before placing another stencil (or color) over it.
Note: Mix fabric medium with your paint before painting pillows, curtains, or other fabric accessories.
- Wash all stencils, brushes, and tools immediately after use before the paint dries. Use Martha Stewart Crafts Brush & Stencil Cleaner to remove dried paint.
- Repair torn stencils with transparent tape. Place tape on both sides of the tear and cut away the excess with a craft knife.
And since this special post is part of National Craft Month, now that we’ve shared the project of the day, we can tell you about the giveaway! Remember, all you have to do is leave a comment below and you’re entered to win:
- A 5 color assortment of Martha Stewart Paint Basic Brush Set
- Foam Pouncer set
- Arabesque Laser – Cut Stencils
- Basic Brush Set
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes March 28, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email.
What craft do you have in your home that always gets noticed? Is it something you created yourself or something you picked up at a craft show? What kind of feedback do you receive from it?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- For the Love of the Granny Stitch: Easy Crochet Hat Pattern - January 9, 2017
- 20 Crochet Beanie Patterns to Get You Through Winter - January 2, 2017
- 9+ Winter Cross Stitch Patterns - December 26, 2016