Spring is in the air – can you feel it? To celebrate this glorious season, I’ve been searching for pretty, uncomplicated projects to decorate my space. One thing I’ve noticed – pom poms are all the rage right now. They’re used for banners, wall art and even keychains, plus they come in all shapes and sizes. Pom poms help you use up yarn or paper that you might have leftover from another project. Plus, they look like pretty florals and will inevitably put a smile on your face. Does it get any better than that?
Until now, I always assumed they pom poms were could only be created with yarn and were used as an accent on a winter hat. Upon further research, I realized I was completely wrong. There are so many crafty ways to work with pom poms and you can make your own in a snap! If you are looking for a quick and easy stashbuster, start with a Fabric Scrap Pom Pom. Sure, this is a great idea for a Christmas ornament, but you can certainly make one and hang it up at any time of year. I also love the look of Lacy Eyelet Pom Poms because they’re girly and delicate. Don’t let the name of this project fool you – you need tissue paper, not fabric, to complete this project.
If you want to make your own pom poms but aren’t sure how to get started, you’re in luck. Find out how to make a pom pom, gather up your materials and get to work!
- DIY Pom Pom Keychain from Plan B
- Pom Pom Necklace from Design Improved
- Paint Chip and Pom Pom Bookmarks from Make and Takes
- Pom Pom Accent Rug from Pippa Patchwork
- Mini Tissue Pom Garland from Make Home Base
- Exotic Flower and Pom Pom Straws from Clones n’ Clowns
- Crepe Paper Pom Pom Garland from Honestly Yum
- Pom Pom Monster Wands from Sew and the City
- Fuzzy Heart Art from Writing Chapter Three
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- DIY Dorm Room Decorating Ideas - July 27, 2015
- 10 Sorority Gift Ideas for Your Little and Fun DIY Gifts - July 25, 2015
- Link Love: 35 Trendy DIY Jewelry - July 24, 2015