Lately, we’ve noticed a growing trend among FaveCrafts newsletter subscribers – they want flowers and they want them now. Unfortunately, the recent polar vortex and multiple inches of snow have prevented readers from turning their floral fantasies into a reality. Well, we’re here to help. There are so many paper flower projects on FaveCrafts and we think they’re a perfect antidote to the painful temperatures and gray skies. This is a quick and easy craft – you can make a bunch in a short period of time and give them as a bouquet or display them in a vase. They also tend to be extremely inexpensive to make – you can use paper scraps or repurpose supplies like books and magazines.
If you plan to host a fancy party, save money on flowers and make your own Crepe Paper Roses. This is also a fantastic Valentine’s Day craft – there’s no need for water or plant food! You can choose particular colors of crepe paper that fit the holiday or you can think outside the box and choose a more unexpected shade – this project is completely customizable. When you run out of crepe paper, dip into your scrapbooking supplies to make Pleated Paper Rosettes. Use embroidery thread and a needle to create your florals (it’s so easy!) and be sure to choose a variety of different patterned papers. If you’re more interested in crafting with recyclable materials, save that newspaper and make Funny Flowers. Stick these little guys on a present and use them as a gift topper. If you’re all out of newspaper, you can sub in wrapping paper instead.
Can’t get enough of these paper flower designs? Check out our collection of 53 Printable Flower Patterns. In addition to paper flowers, you’ll find free crochet and fabric projects as well as helpful video tutorials.
- Children Book Paper Flowers from Trashy Crafter
- Paper Flower Wreath from Domestically Blissful
- Kirigami Water Blossoms from Babble Dabble Do
- Coffee Filter Flowers from Sneaky Spoons
- Cupcake Case Flower Garland from The Craft Train
- Junk Mail Flowers from Grow Creative
- Cupcake Wrapper Paper Flowers from Unusually Lovely
- Paper Cherry Blossoms from The Bottoms Up Blog
- Easy 3D 5 Petal Flower from Moonshine and Sunlight
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- For the Love of the Granny Stitch: Easy Crochet Hat Pattern - January 9, 2017
- 20 Crochet Beanie Patterns to Get You Through Winter - January 2, 2017
- 9+ Winter Cross Stitch Patterns - December 26, 2016