This week’s Link Love post is dedicated to two of my favorite people, AllFreeKnitting editor Caitlin and my mom. These two simply love owls and who could blame them? Owls are often depicted as cute, whimsical creatures with big eyes and little wings. While they may not be the most cuddly animals in real life, owls are certainly fun to depict. In fact, everyone from master crocheters to crafty kids can get in on the fun.
There’s never a bad time to make owl crafts. In fact, owls are especially trendy right now, so you may seem them popping up at your favorite stores! Make a few items now so you can join in on the fun. My all-time favorite project is the Baby Owl Toy on FaveCrafts. Eyelash yarn makes this a cute and cuddly gift for a baby shower. The Kooky Stuffed Owl pattern is also fun because you can use a variety of fabric scraps. Sew a few and place them on a chair in place of throw pillows for a fun, colorful accent. Free sewing patterns for homemade plush dolls like Little Owl Plush Buddies and Owl Sock Friends also provide great ideas for fun weekend crafts.
Owl crafts can be made out of recyclable materials, yarn, felt and so much more. Gather up the family or choose a quiet moment to make your own little owl. Better yet, make a few and save your projects so you can display them in the future or give them as gifts. After all, owls never really go out of style.
- Crochet Sleepy Owl Mask from Repeat Crafter Me
- Baby Barn Owl Pendant from Small Hands Big Art
- Stuffed Owl from Stubbornly Craft
- Graduation Owl from Homemade Zen Shop
- Owl Paper Roll from The Centsible Life
- Wooden Owl Wall Art from Sarah SaturDIY
- Felt Owl Brooch from Canine Thespian
- Owl Purse Insert from Bless This Mess Please
- Clay Owl from Little Gray Kitten
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 18 Recycled Crafts for Christmas - October 8, 2015
- Best DIY Hair Accessories - September 30, 2015
- National Coffee Day: 11 DIY Mugs You Need in Your Life - September 29, 2015