As we approach the holiday season, it’s important to remember those who are spending the next coming months overseas. Operation Write Home works with thousands of crafters across America and around the world serve our deployed heroes by providing cards to write home on. Since it’s inception, Operation Write Home has provided more than 1.7 million handmade greeting cards to troops overseas…and we’re aiming to help them reach 2 million!
FaveCrafts has teamed up with our friends at We R Memory Makers to host an Operation Write Home charity drive. This card drive will run from October 8th through November 5th. Once you have completed your card (or group of cards!), simply mail them to the address below. We will then gather all the cards and send them off to Washington, where they will be distributed to service men and women and sent to families all over the world.
What Can You Win
To thank you for sending in your beautiful handmade cards, we’re awarding some awesome prizes to three lucky winners! Every card is an entry, so the person who sends in the most cards will win a We R Memory Keepers prize, worth $60.00! Three other winners will be chosen at random to receive a prize as well…so the more you send in, the greater your chances of winning this awesome prize bundle!
Our Grand Prize Winner will Win BOTH of these Awesome Paper Packs:
We also have some great prizes for our second and third place winners, as well!
When making your cards, PLEASE keep in mind these important guidelines! If cards don’t meet these requirements, they will not be able to be a part of our Operation Write Home charity drive:
- Card Themes: Remember who’s sending these: adults. No cards to Daddy, no “wish you were here,” or party invitations; no explicit images or sentiments. We ask that you stick to the following themes: Happy Birthday, Love You, Thank You, Missing You, Thinking of You, or blank cards.
- No glitter. It’s a safety hazard for our heroes, so no cards with any glitter that will flake off the card are accepted.
- A2 sized cards only. 4.25″ x 5.5″ – half a sheet of cardstock – and must be accompanied by an envelope.
- Line cards made with dark cardstock. If a pencil won’t show up, add a liner.
- Any quantity is ok. One, a bunch, or a box full; however we need quality, not quantity.
- SOME lumpiness is okay. Our heroes don’t have to pay for lettermail, but that doesn’t mean we can go wild with layers and embellishments. Save the big vintage buttons and thick 3D embellishments for AnyHero mail that doesn’t have to go through the postal system!
- DO NOT handwrite sentiments. Neither outside or inside the cards. All cards must be in English.
- Use quality supplies. Computer paper, foamies, ittybitty stickers, and gluesticks don’t hold up to the rigors of the battlefront. It’s ok to make fewer cards with better supplies – every card counts!
- Absolutely no storebought. Neither complete cards, NOR cards repurposing parts of them. It endangers our trademark.
Please ship your completed cards to:
Operation Write Home Charity Drive
3400 Dundee Rd. #220
Northbrook, IL 60062
Still have questions? Visit Operation Write Home for more information, rules, and creative ideas!
Please help spread the word about this amazing opportunity to give those overseas a way to transport love appreciation to their family and friends all over the world.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 14 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns That Will Steal Your Heart - February 11, 2016
- 101 Homemade Gifts Your Boyfriend Won’t Hate - February 5, 2016
- 10+ Wine Bottle Crafts for Galentine’s Day - February 3, 2016