In celebration of the new pre-cut fabric line at Michaels Stores, we have a fun and simple new home decor project to share. This is a project you can easily whip up in just a few minutes. The new Michaels fabric comes pre-cut and this project uses just that pre-cut piece to create a simple project to add a personalized touch to any room. You can use a pillow form you can purchase at the store or even jazz up an old pillow to match your new decor.
- One yard of pre-cut Michaels fabric
- 16 inch pillow form
- Safety Pins
- Two yards of wide ribbon
- Lay out your pre-cut Michaels fabric and center your pillow form.
- Fold the fabric the long way and secure it with safety pins. No one will see this part of the pillow, the pins are simply there to hold the fabric in place.
- Fold the long ends into somewhat of a point being sure to pull the fabric taut and fold the corners sharply to create an edge on the front of the pillow.
- Pull both ends and tie them in a knot as tightly as you can.
- Add a wide ribbon tied to the pillow for an accent on the front.
Voila! It’s just that simple. So, if you are having guests over this summer, add a little personal pizzaz with a new accent pillow. Stay tuned, we have one more fun home decor project idea using the new Michaels Fabrics that you won’t want to miss.
Latest posts by FaveCraftsBlog (see all)
- Link Love: How to Make a Scarf for Spring or Summer - May 8, 2015
- Easy Yarn Crafts for Kids: Cup Weaving Tutorial - May 1, 2015
- The Knit Dishcloth Pattern Collection Every Knitter Needs - April 22, 2015