This week’s featured Meet and Make designer is Julie Huston. Julie picked up a crochet magazine in the mid 1990’s from a thrift store and taught herself how to crochet from the instructions in the magazine. A new hobby was born and she has not looked back; she has been “hooked” ever since. Julie has many free crochet patterns on our site that we just love so much!
What to know more? Keep reading!
10 Fun Facts about Julie:
1. I taught myself how to crochet and knit about 15 years ago.
2. I served 21 years in the Air Force working on electronics.
3. I like to bake.
4. I fixed a couple broken iTouches.
5. I lived in 5 different countries( not including the United States).
6. I don’t like to do housework.
7. I like to watch Reality Shows.
8. I am allergic to chocolate, but will still eat it.
9. I sing in the church choir.
10. I grew up in Kaukauna, WI
Here is Julie’s Featured Project:
Crocheted Wreath Ornament
- Green worsted weight yarn
- Size F crochet hook
- Pipe cleaner or 5-6 inch ring
If using a pipe cleaner, form to make a ring.
Row 1: sc around the ring until it is completely covered, exact number isn’t that inportant, just as long as the ring is cover
Row 2 and 3: Working in continuous rounds, 3 sc in each sc around. Make sure you marked the beginning of the round.
Row 4, *ch 3, sc in the next stitch* repeat around.Slip stitch in the next stitch. You can finish it off here.
I added a chain loop of about 50 chains, unfortunately I do not remember exactly how many I did. I made the loop long enough to fit around a door knob.
Embellish the wreath as you see fit.
The pattern and more pictures are found on my blog
Latest posts by AllFreeCrochet (see all)
- Announcing More Crochet Patterns: I Like Crochet - July 17, 2014
- DIY Wedding Scrapbook: Michaels Scrapbook Blogger Challenge - May 8, 2013
- Celebrating National Scrapbooking Month with Michaels - May 6, 2013