No other topic can divide a group of crafters quite like glitter. Some people love it and use it as often as possible, while others consider it “the herpes of crafting” (the originator of this quote will remain anonymous). Whether you love it or hate it, glitter seems to be the great equalizer in the craft world. Anyone can go out and buy some, and you can use it for both basic and complicated crafts. Lately, it seems glitter is everywhere – it’s used to upcycle old clothes, update thrift store finds or even decorate rocks. You can find glitter crafts for Halloween, Christmas, Easter and everything in between.
Add a little sparkle and fun to your life with glitter. It adds a whimsical, girly touch to even the more basic crafts. If you’re new to crafting, start by upcycling an item you already have and simply add a little glitter here and there. To create Party Glitter Pumps, you only need a pair of shoes and some gold Glitter Blast. If you’re feeling more adventurous, you can create your own Glitter and Rhinestone Rings and sprinkle loose glitter onto a Cool2Cast mold.
If you can’t get enough of these projects, be sure to check out 15 Crafts that Shimmer, Glitter, and Sparkle. This crafty collection is filled with crafts you can wear and display.
Whether you like it or not, glitter isn’t going away anytime soon. In fact, it seems that glitter crafts will continue to get more and more popular.
- Festive Glittering Clothespins from Valley & Co.
- Glitter Striped Top from A Splendid Assemblage
- DIY Glitter Cupcake Stand from The Sweetest Occasion
- Acid Zombie Banner from Let’s Go Sunning
- Glitter Trays from Paper & Cakery
- Glitter Paper Weight/Vase Fillers from La Vie en Rose
- DIY Heart Jumper from Tulle & Trinkets
- Glitter Slime from The 36th Avenue
- Origami Glitter Cranes from Zakka Life
Glitter: love it or hate it?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- Best DIY Hair Accessories - September 30, 2015
- National Coffee Day: 11 DIY Mugs You Need in Your Life - September 29, 2015
- 13 Vintage Christmas Crafts - September 25, 2015