Faded is fabulous this summer with the latest ombre crafts craze. Even if you haven’t become obsessed with ombre hair dye, nails, clothes and more yet, you’re not too late! This frenzy for the faded look is as hot as the summer sun.
Ombre comes from the Latin word “umbra,” meaning “shade or shadow,” which is why ombre crafts and DIY projects have that gorgeous gradient look.
One of my favorite DIY ombre tutorials is this great guide to the Ombre Tie Dye Technique. This Tie Dye Sundress tutorial applies those techniques to a simple statement piece that looks lovely in the park or at the beach. You can also feature ombre in jewelry projects like this cute Ombre Pendant, as well as home decor projects. Ombre is a classic summery look that is easy enough for both kids and adults to make, and it’s versatile enough to make in any color to go with your favorite outfit. This fantastic faded trend is a summer classic, so it won’t ever go out of style.
Check out this fantastic roundup of ombre projects from bloggers across the web:
- DIY Ombre Denim from Honestly… WTF
- Ombre Wedding Napkins from Once Wed
- Ombre Gift Wrap from Willowday
- DIY Ombre Curtains from Leaf House
- Ombre Beach Tank from Boss Report
- DIY Ombre Garland from Under the Sycamore
- Summery Ombre Infinity Scarf from A Bit of Sunshine
- Blue Ombre Chair from DesignSponge
- Vivid Ombre Tights from Pretty Ditty
Do you have an ombre obsession? Tell us what you want to make in the comments below!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 14 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns That Will Steal Your Heart - February 11, 2016
- 101 Homemade Gifts Your Boyfriend Won’t Hate - February 5, 2016
- 10+ Wine Bottle Crafts for Galentine’s Day - February 3, 2016