If you’re a regular Link Love reader (or craft blogosphere lurker) you know that heart themed crafts are HUGE right now, and sequins are the new glitter. First I showed you Grosgrain’s sequin heart shoe clip tutorial, and then I found Rae Gun Ramblings’ sequin heart headband. I was completely smitten with these ideas, so I knew I had to put my spin on it. I just bought some earring-making supplies last week (of course I braved the Snowpocalypse to go to the craft store!) so I decided to make sequin heart earrings. The tutorial is obviously heavily influenced by the two aforementioned projects, but I figured I’d show you how I did it.
- I drew a heart on some card stock scraps and cut it out to use as a template.
- Then I cut out two hearts from some scraps of red felt I already had (leftover from my sewn Valentines!)
- I hot-glued strings of red sequins to each of the hearts, making sure to cover the entire felt piece. I just went in a random zig-zag design, since the pieces were so small.
- When both hearts were done, I attached the earring backs. First I added a jump ring onto each earring back, and then I hot-glued the jump ring to the back of the heart, covering it up with a smaller piece of felt to keep it secure. I’m sure there’s a better way to do this, but it was my very first time making jewelry!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 13 Cheerful Cross Stitch Patterns - November 10, 2015
- The Ultimate List of Last-Minute Thanksgiving Crafts - November 6, 2015
- Last-Minute DIY Halloween Decorations: Two “Krazy” Tutorials - October 30, 2015