This easy and inexpensive craft dough is perfect for creative kids.
Mix up a batch of salt dough and entertain your child for hours. There’s so much fun to be had – use cookie cutters for neat shapes or sculpt freestyle. Let it dry and use acrylic paints for even more decorating fun!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup salt
- 3/4 cup water
- Food coloring (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Mix together salt, flour, and water in a large mixing bowl.
- Knead in food coloring (if desired). Continue kneading until mixture reaches a doughy consistency.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container for later use.
After your kids make something from the dough, if they wish to keep it you can bake it in the oven until hard. After letting it cool, your kids can now paint on it with tempra paint or acrylics!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 14 Actually Pretty Perler Bead Crafts to Melt - September 26, 2016
- 9 DIY Thanksgiving Centerpiece Ideas to Wow Your Dinner Guests - September 19, 2016
- 17 Legendary Last Minute Halloween Costumes for Adults - September 12, 2016