Making your own Christmas crafts can be so much fun. I’ve started making my gifts, which are ornaments. They aren’t the greatest as I just bought glitter glue and ribbon, but they’ll do. There are so many easy Christmas crafts out there that you can make, especially with clay pots.
Clay pots don’t just have to be for planting and flowers, but they can be pretty and creative decorating ideas. The more popular ideas I’ve seen for Christmas clay pots are Christmas trees and snowmen, but we’ll get to that later. You can also make little clay pot friends for holiday decor. What you need is:
- Shimmery blue and white pom poms (One each)
- 2 1/4″ diameter clay pots (Two)
- 1 1/2″ diameter wooden balls (Two)
- Acrylic paints- pink, light blue, flesh and white
- Material scraps in a light blue pattern
- Small and large paintbrushes
- Clear coat spray
- White plush felt
- White hot glue or craft glue
- Black fine tip marker
Once you have all these materials we are good to go. Follow these instructions:
- Put newspaper down where you will be crafting.
- Turn the first clay pot over and glue the wooden ball to the bottom of the pot. When the glue is dry, take your large paint brush and paint the whole outside of the clay pot with the light blue paint.
- Then paint the whole wooden ball with flesh paint.
- Let it all dry before you apply a second coat.
- Then you cut the plush felt into strips long enough to go around the bottom of the clay pots and glue in place.
- Make scarves from material, wrap around neck, and glue in place. You can then fringe the ends of the scarves with scissors if you wish.
- Use the material to make hats by wrapping enough material around the “forehead” to go all the way around the wooden ball. Glue in place.
- Trim, tuck and glue material to form the hat and then glue the pom pom on top.
- Glue a strip of plush felt around the border of the hat to create a brim.
- Once that is done you then glue a button onto the front of the body.
- To create a hand muff, all you need to do is roll a piece of material around a small amount of cotton batting and glue in place.
- Trim small strips of plush felt and glue to the ends of the muff. Glue hand muff to the body.
- Almost finished.
- Using the black marker you are going to create the eyes just by drawing a dot and then you draw a mouth.
- Using a small sponge, gently dab on a thin amount of pink for the cheeks if you’re going for the rosy look.
This makes for a cute little clay pot decoration for your village or anywhere in the house. I also like the little Christmas trees you can make out of clay pots. We have one of those on our site in case you missed it. All you need is
- Patio Paint
- DCP56 – Bright Lime Green
- DCP29 – Petunia Purple
- DCP58 – Azalea — NEW!!
- DCP57 – Marigold — NEW!!
- DCP63 – Blue Bahama — NEW!!
- Foam plate
- 1″ wood star
- Four clay pots: 1/2″, 1.7″, 2.75″, and 3″, Michael’s
- 3/4″ flat brush
- 3/8″ round foam pouncer brush
- E6000 industrial strength adhesive
For the rest of the directions go to Painted Christmas Tree Pot. Again, this is such a cute craft to present during the holidays. It also makes for a nice gift if you’re going to a holiday party or gathering.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- DIY Dorm Room Decorating Ideas - July 27, 2015
- 10 Sorority Gift Ideas for Your Little and Fun DIY Gifts - July 25, 2015
- Link Love: 35 Trendy DIY Jewelry - July 24, 2015