This tutorial is brought to you by Latrice Murphy from Any Occasion.
Hello crafters! Spring is finally here and I’m excited to start crafting for Easter. I love sending cards to friends – it’s a great way to add a smile to their mailboxes! I’ve been die cutting lots of patterned paper into super fun flowers, which I love doing. This creates visual interest when the main image is the pattern. Here is the card set I’ve created for you today.
- Solid cardstock (both color and white)
- Patterned paper
- Die Cutting machine (I used a Silhouette)
- Border punch
- 3D adhesive
- Glossy Accents
- Stamps or sentiment stickers (Mine are SRM Stickers)
- Sewing machine (optional)
These cards are super easy to make. You pretty much create a simple base and let the die cut flower do all the talking. First, choose your cardstock and patterned paper.
Cut first piece of patterned paper down to 5” X 3.75”, border punch the bottom and adhere to card front.
Next trim down a piece white cardstock to 4.25” X 3.25”, add sentiment sticker and then add 3D adhesive to the back. Adhere this to your card front.
Next using more 3D adhesive adhere your die cut flower to the white cardstock.
Get your liquid adhesive and add a button to the flower center.
Lastly finish the card off with a single line of stitching above the scallop.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- For the Love of the Granny Stitch: Easy Crochet Hat Pattern - January 9, 2017
- 20 Crochet Beanie Patterns to Get You Through Winter - January 2, 2017
- 9+ Winter Cross Stitch Patterns - December 26, 2016