After we carefully planned our Christmas tree for Michael’s Dream Tree Challenge last week and stormed the Michaels Store in search of everything to bring our craft theme together, we got to the crafting. We worked harder than elves on December 23rd to make each and every piece that adorns our Christmas tree. From the garland to the tree topper, each piece was handmade by the great editors here in our office. We spent all our lunch hours and some of our own time over the weekend, crocheting Martha Stewart Eyelash Yarn and sewing up Clover Fabric Yo-Yos. Just check out all the handmade ornaments in all our favorite FaveCrafts colors.
The twinkly lights and bright colors will get us through the winter gloom here in the Chicagoland area. We will be sharing some great quick and easy ornament ideas with you from now right up til the holiday but some of the best ideas on this tree are truly the easiest. With just a few supplies you can create some as hostess gifts or as teacher gifts or great keepsakes for your own tree.
The glass ornaments are simply clear glass ornaments painted and embellished, the little canvas comes together quickly with paint, paper, and buttons, and the embroidered hoop is simply scrap material, felt, and yarn. So, simple to make but just a delight for any tree. We’ve pulled together some easy Christmas ornament ideas for you below to add a little homemade touch to your holidays this year.
11 Free Handmade Ornament Tutorials
- Simple Marbled Christmas Ornaments
- Burlap Heart Ornament Filled with Love
- Canning Jar Lid Ornament
- Half Eaten Gingerbread Ornament
- Beaded Wire Star Ornaments
- Adorable Mod Podge Ornaments
- Handmade Holiday Icicles
- Felt Christmas Tree Ornament
- Glittered Seashell Ornaments
- Glittery Recycled Crown Ornament
- Doily Snowflake Ornament
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 20 Last-Minute Gift Ideas That Everyone Will Love - December 5, 2016
- Best Ornament Contest 2016 Winners + Ornament Tutorials! - November 30, 2016
- 22 Crafting Tutorials and How Tos You Might Have Missed: Part 2 - November 28, 2016