This tutorial is brought to you by Latrice Murphy for Any Occasion.
Today I’m here to share a quick project, as always! I was at my local craft store when I saw this fabulous Halloween burlap on sale! It was screaming “Buy me,” so I grabbed 1/2 a yard to create these fun and fast frames for Halloween. I made four of them in about 1/2 hour. It makes such a great teacher gift or something simple and fun to give to a friend. I used an 8 X 10 frame, but this would be super fab in a large shadow box with 3-D Halloween objects, too! The possibilities are endless.
- 8 X 10 frame (mine were thrifted for a few cents)
- Halloween burlap or any other kind of Halloween fabric
- Spray adhesive
- Hot glue gun
- Fake webs (mine are from the dollar store)
- Plastic spiders (also from the dollar store)
- Sewing machine (optional)
Clean your frame with a damp cloth to remove any dust.
Take a look at your burlap, choose a good piece and cut an 8 X 10 piece from it.
Using your spray adhesive cover the 8 X 10 piece of burlap with adhesive and adhere to your cardstock.
Trim that piece down to fit 8 X 10.
On your sewing machine, give a messy stitch all around the four sides, going over it a couple of times to secure it to the cardstock and to finish the edges.
If using a shadow box frame, adhere your 3-D pieces with hot glue. If using a regular frame, go ahead and place this in your frame as is.
Create a spooky effect by draping the webbing across the frame and hot gluing it in place. Embellish further if you would like. I added plastic spiders to mine.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 7 Lucky Horseshoe Crafts - February 23, 2015
- Link Love: DIY Thank You Cards - February 13, 2015
- 12 Easy DIY Projects That Will Restore Your Faith in Crafting - February 11, 2015