This guest post comes from Kira Cowan of Tip Hero
If you’re like me, you’ve had a ton of old t-shirts in your possession, at one time or another, that seemed to have piled up overnight. Between free t-shirt I’ve gotten at events and shirts from shows or sporting events I’ve been a part of, I’ve often found myself with more t-shirts than I could ever wear.
If you have the same problem and you feel like your drawers are weighed down by a plethora of old t-shirt (or even if you just a have a few you wouldn’t mind getting rid of), take a look at some creative ways to repurpose them from around the web:
- Turn Old T-Shirts into Pillows: decorative pillows are easy to make with t-shirts and a bit of pillow stuffing, and have to potential to hold great sentimental value.
- DIY Party Top: transform an old T into a shirt that you can wear for a night on the town.
- Pajama Pants: learn how to make comfy, colorful pants in this Instructables tutorial.
- Turn a Men’s T-Shirt into a Knotted Scarf: this great project makes a cute accessory that will keep you warm for the rest of winter.
- T-Shirt Quilt: this one may take you some time, but with some dedication and patience, you’ll create a really wonderful finished product.
- Quick Grocery Bag: make an easy bag with an optional pouch in 10 steps.
- Crochet a Rug Out of Old T-Shirts: all you’ll need are some big old t-shirts, scissors and a crochet hook for this cool project.
- 5-Minute Braided Headband: these quick and easy headbands are great for both girls and grown women.
- T-Shirt Apron: if you’re into cooking, crafting, plain sewing or, better yet, all 3, this is the project for you.
- Jumper Skirt Out of a T-Shirt: check out this step-by-step tutorial to make something fabulous out of something dull and drab.