Fringe – it’s not just for hippies. In fact, if you check out your favorite store or head to your mosy-visited online shopping destination, you’re more than likely to find some fringe and tassels. This trend was all over the runways at New York Fashion Week and is taking over the craft world. If you’re a little nervous about fringe, you’re not alone. Personally, I like a more understated look and tend not to go for big, bold clothing and accessories. Luckily, there are so many ways to easily incorporate fringe and tassels into your crafts without channeling Lady Gaga (not that there’s anything wrong with that).
Tassels and fringe can add a cool three-dimensional look to an otherwise traditional piece. The best example of this is the Aran Crochet Throw, which looks like something your grandma would have made. While the afghan itself is pretty simple, the tassels and bobble stitching patterns make it a little more challenging. The extra time and effort is worth it though – you’ll want to display this afghan forever. For a bigger, bolder look, make your own Cable Afghan with Tassels. In this case, you crochet the afghan first and then work on the tassels. Once all four have been made, you simply attach one to each corner. If you’re running short on time, make a Tee Shirt Fringe Scarf. You don’t need a sewing machine or even a needle and thread for this trendy project. Instead, cut up an old shirt with a pair of scissors – seriously, it’s that easy.
Don’t be afraid of fringe. Whether you choose to rock a statement necklace or create festive streamers for your next party, there are so many ways to embrace the trend. Simply channel your inner Stevie Nicks, get creative and see what you can accomplish.
- DIY Leather Tassels Scarf from Eyes of Style
- Fringe Necklace from Pop Champagne Blog
- Neon Fringe Necklace from Fall For DIY
- Upcycled Fringe Cell Phone Sleeve from Isn’t That Sew
- Glitter Gold Trimmed Tissue Fringe from Confetti Sunshine
- Ombre Fringe Skirt from Make It, Love It
- DIY No-Sew Fleece Throw from Life Over Easy
- DIY Shawl Skirt from Anna Evers
- DIY Anthropologie Fringe Earrings from Gina Michele
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 2 Shark Coloring Pages for Shark Week - June 29, 2016
- Charming Chompers: 19 DIY Crafts for Shark Week - June 27, 2016
- Submitting Your Projects to FaveCrafts: Tips from the Editor - June 20, 2016