This tutorial is brought to you by Latrice Murphy from Any Occasion.
Triangles are showing up just about everywhere so I figured, why not hair accessories too! I created a signature felt triangle headband and I have to share with you how I created it. It’s super easy and takes just a few minutes to make.
Here’s what you need:
- Photo of headband and pieces
- Plastic headband
- Sewing machine or embroidery thread and needle
- Hot glue gun
First, start by hand-cutting your triangle shapes. I didn’t measure or anything. After I got a good triangle that I liked, I use it as my template for the others. You’ll need 6 total.
Next, you want to add a very small amount of hot glue to the center of the triangles and create sandwiches. This just holds it together while you stitch. You can either complete he next step using a machine or use embroidery floss to hand stitch. I love the look of both. Sewing by machine is just faster for me. The embroidery floss gives it a much more handmade feel.
Then, you want to stack your pieces, overlapping them slightly and gluing it together. Let it cool and then attach it to the headband with a small strip of felt.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 14 Actually Pretty Perler Bead Crafts to Melt - September 26, 2016
- 9 DIY Thanksgiving Centerpiece Ideas to Wow Your Dinner Guests - September 19, 2016
- 17 Legendary Last Minute Halloween Costumes for Adults - September 12, 2016